To the editor:
Alexandria is one of the most pet-friendly cities in the country. Based on the many dog-walks and swims, doggy happy hours and water bowls outside many Old Town and Del Ray shops, it is a well-known fact that we love our pets!
Endorsed by the Humane Society of the United States as one of the most caring and animal-friendly members of Congress, Jim Moran shares our passion for protecting animals. He is co-chair of the Congressional Animal Protection Caucus and has initiated and sponsored an amazing number of legislative bills that protect our beloved four-legged friends:
– Sponsored a bill to require labeling of fur-trimmed garments so that consumers are not deceived by advertising (H.R. 2480 )
– Co-sponsored a bill to stop the slaughter of American horses for foreign delicacies (H.R. 503 )
– Sponsored a bill to stop the trophy shooting of bears over piles of bait on federal lands (H.R. 1472 )
– Co-sponsored a bill to protect chimpanzees and save tax dollars on invasive research (H.R 1326)
– Supported bills to protect wildlife, such as sea otters, marine turtles, primates and wild horses (H.R. 556, 509, 80, 1018 ).
Jim Moran has a consistent record of putting people and animals first. And thats why hes getting my vote on November 2.