A six-year veteran officer of the Fairfax County Police Department helped save the life of a 2-year-old boy, choking on a grape. He was dispatched to a home in the 7200 block of Marlan Drive in the Belle View area on Monday, June 16 around 8:30 p.m. He arrived before the paramedics and was quickly met by a woman carrying her child. Private First Class Matthew Griffin realized the boy was choking. His airway was obstructed so the officer delivered back blows to dislodge the object. Just as paramedics from the Mount Vernon fire station of the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department arrived, the child made a small crying sound. Paramedics took over and transported the boy to Inova Mount Vernon Hospital for observation.