The Carlyle House

0
42
Facebooktwittermail

As recently as 1946, the historic (1753) Carlyle House was neglected and blocked from view on N. Fairfax Street  by James Greens Mansion House Hotel complex, which housed hundreds of the Civil Wars wounded soldiers.

Once headquarters to British General  Edward Braddock, the restored Carlyle House at 141 N. Fairfax St. is now open to the public. (Fee charged)

instagram
Facebooktwittermail