Fire at Burke & Herbert

0
852
Facebooktwittermail

The small fire at Burke and Herbert’s headquarters at N. Fairfax and King Street Bank April 1 was caused by a faulty typewriter, Alexandria Fire Dept. Capt. Luis Santano said this week. Although the fire itself was of little significance, there was some interior damage to the historic facility due to activation of the sprinkler.
 
Units from the Alexandria Fire Department responded to the report of a Fire Alarm sounding. Initial response units reported sprinkler alarm and smoke conditions on the first floor.  Units located the remains of a small fire on a counter behind the teller counters inside the bank.
 
The fire damage was limited to the remains of the typewriter and the adjacent wall. The water damage from the sprinkler activation was inside the secure teller area with extension into the basement storage area, Santano said.

 

Facebooktwittermail
instagram