World Children’s Choir – Heart Songs and Love Songs for Ukrainian Children
Heart Songs and Love Notes from the world for the children of Ukraine
Online Benefit Concert for Voices of Children Foundation in Ukraine
Sunday, November 13, 2022 • 12:00 Noon Eastern Standard Time/USA
The concert will be broadcast on the CommonTime.Online global platform. Tickets: $10 per person. If more than one person is watching, please pay an additional $10 per person via Tip when you buy your ticket
Please note, when you go to the CommonTime platform to buy your ticket, you will see that the concert is scheduled from noon to 2:30 pm. Unless there are technical difficulties due to the global nature of this event – and also depending on how many questions attendees have for Voices of Children Foundation speakers (founder and two teens) – it will not last that long. Approximately 50 minutes of music will be included in the program.
Over 300 performers including children, teens and adults from Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Nigeria, Poland, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Spain, Ukraine, USA, and Wales.
Program – not just a concert!
Meet the founder of Voices of Children Foundation and two of her teenage students who will speak live. Enjoy 50 minutes of music from children playing chimes • Ukrainian vocalists and pianist • choirs from Mexico, Ukraine and Wales; • vocal and instrumental sextet from the Republic of Ireland • Global Family Virtual Choir • World Children’s Choir with Huntington Middle School Orchestra and the Langston Hughes Middle School Orchestra from California. Ask questions in the chat for Voices of Children presenters who will reply at the end of the concert.
You can participate, too – send us your Love Note!
• Images of your visual art – drawing, painting, sculpture, etc.
Upload here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/9SmO3EyvcenVhi8UcxRZ
• Written – a letter of hope and good wishes; a poem, an essay
Upload here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/aEj5E3zHNMGrCl75RyOq
• Video of a song or other music – speaking good wishes and hopes for the Ukrainian people
Upload here: https://www.dropbox.com/request/GuSO2CbujRvxSHFP0kcx
www.worldchildrenschoir.org • www.globalfamilyvirtualchoir.org
A link to a pdf with performer bios, translations, and program notes will be posted for concert attendees.
• Taras Petrinenko: Ukraine – Beautiful video of cities, nature, and people in Ukraine
Olga Aidinova, Piano and Video Editor
• Voices of Children Foundation – Olena Rozvadovska, founder, and teens, Violetta Horbachova and Sabri Ramazanov
• Ukrainian National Anthem – Alpha Carillon (USA)
Ann Sloan, Director
Pre King, Via King, Tamia R., and Aidan Weiss
• Harbour – Canu Yn Ein Calon Singing/In Our Hearts Virtual Choir (Wales + 7 other countries)
Ceri Jones, Musical Director; Lena Izzat, Assistant Musical Director
• Sleep Baby – Michael Voskoboynik, Vocalist (Ukrainian American)
• Silence All Around – MIchael Voskoboynik and Larissa Mudra, Vocalists (Ukraine)
• To Our Heroes – Larissa Mudra, Oleksiy Bayev, Vocalists (Ukraine)
• The Melody – Olga Aidinova, Piano (Ukraine)
• Poldolyanochka – Grow Music Faculty Ensemble (Republic of Ireland)
Francesca de Narvdi, Vocalist, Sile Lombard Ryan, Fiddle, Briefne Holohan, Guitar, Emma O’Brien, Piano
Heather Oakes, Violin, and David Forth, Cello
• Посміхнися, доле! (Laugh away!) and Perte – Georg Synzheryak, Vocalist (Ukraine)
• Te Quiero, Dijiste – Coristas de San Nicolas (Mexico)
Elvia Miriam Quezada Gonzale and Jose Alfredo Torres Romero, Directors
• The Bunny Walks – Shchedryk, Kyiv Children’s Choir (Ukraine)
Marianna Sablin, Chief Conductor
• Prayer for Ukraine – Global Family Virtual Choir
• Love Sings a New Song for the World – Global Family Virtual Choir – Sondra Harnes, Conductor; James Selway, Piano
• With One Dream – World Children’s Choir, Huntington Middle School Orchestra, Langston Hughes Middle School
Orchestra (USA) Sondra Harnes, WCC Conductor; James Selway Piano; Robert Folsom, conductor HMSO; and Jessica
Savage, conductor LHMSO Voices of Children Foundation presenters answer questions
CommonTime.Online – Christine Matovich and Michael Skillern, Co-founders (https://commontime.online)
Easy Virtual Choir – Allan Jiang, CEO (https://easyvirtualchoir.com)
World Children’s Choir activities are supported in part by funding from the Dallas Morse Coors Foundation for the Performing Arts, and donations by individual contributors.